8.03.2007

"I don't wanna wait" for tomorrow's episode!

Because of the magic and wonder that is TiVO, I was recently able to add a season pass for Dawson's Creek. This is a series that I never really bothered to watch when it originally began. Somehow, I managed to get sucked in during my huge bouts of procrastination in college. Living with 60 other girls in a sorority house that boasted only one static-free, color television is another solid reason. I watched what the masses were watching. Plus, I was partially inspired to start this love affair because my boyfriend has recently watched every single episode of the O.C. courtesy of the Soap channel and his buddy, TiVO. (It takes a shit after Marissa dies...if you don't count the fact that it took a shit when the first ever credit rolled during the first ever episode).

Seriously, why not watch teen dramas commercial-free?

So far, my season pass has been serving me well. I get up in the morning around 9 or 10 AM to find that a fresh episode has been recorded for me prior to my awakening. I rub my eyes, I do a little stretch, and then I settle on our big, comfy leather couch to watch the craziness unfold among these teenagers who have a ridiculously bombastic vocabulary. (How, if Pacey is such a crap student, does he know how to use words like "invariably" and "proclivity" and "juggernaut?" I want answers!)

Last night, after a shower and a fleeting moment's contemplation of joining my friends at a bar, I decided instead to crash on the couch and catch up on my Dawson's episodes. I had been out of town since Monday afternoon, and I knew that I'd have at least three, maybe four, waiting for me.

Holy shit. In only four episodes, Dawson and Joey get back together, Joey's dad returns from the slammer, Abby Morgan, drunk and evil, drowns in the Creek, Jen goes psycho at Abby's funeral and gets her rocks off by kicking God in the balls right in front of Grams, Grams kicks aetheist Jen out of the house, Andy, under all the stress of losing Abby, a girl she wasn't even friends with, starts seeing and talking to her dead brother, Pacey and Jack save her from her own lunacy by bitchslapping her a coupla times (just kidding...I wish), Jack and Andy's dad threaten to take them all back to Providence (how ironic), Jack decides life is better for a gay in Capeside, Andy gets the hell out of dodge, Joey's father starts dealing narcotics, The Icehouse burns down, Pacey punches his sumbitch father in the face, Jen casually contemplates suicide, Joey turns her dad into the pigs, and Dawson and Joey break up.

How exhausted are you? I think I went through a whole box of Kleenex. Then again, I'm a huge loser. Love live the Creek!

1 Comments:

Blogger creeperjam said...

a couple things. first, you know that the school scenes are all at the best university ever, uncw! yeah bitches, had to walk around a few shooting schedules when i was in college. also a lot of scenes around the area. i ran into katie holmes a couple times, she is very paranoid. of course did not help i saw her at a dark gas station! as well saw that dude from american pie she was dating at one time at jersey mikes, he is very friendly! my 'vocabulary' moment was when pacey said persnickity in an episode. yeah. ultra cool high school vocab there.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home