2.02.2007

Oh, Jude.

I am visiting my folks this weekend to relax and spend some quality time at home. Tonight, I drank wine, graded papers, and hung out with my parents on the couch. For some reason, we started playing this "game," in which we all had to sing a song that started with an A...then a B...then a C...

We made an allowance for Q.

Once we got to V, we all sat in silence for quite awhile. I busted out the oldies for all the other letters, so my parents could be in the know. But, I blanked on an oldie for V.

So, I said, "You guys probably don't know this one, but it's called 'Veronica' and it's by Elvis Costello." And I started singing.

After five more minutes, my mom said, "You guys probably don't know this one, but it's called 'Vicious' and it's by Deaf Lepper." And she said "Vicious" with a hissing voice.

I think I might have peed my pants.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

My favorite V is Via Chicago by The Wilcos.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home