2.04.2007

Myspace is awesome...

So, the only reason I joined Myspace to begin with was because I wanted to look at pictures of Sound Team, this band I had gone to see at the Hi-Pointe (R.I.P.) with Jables last June. I ended up sending them a message to ask if they would answer the "12 Questions" for InsideSTL, and they said yes. I was psyched.

In the past three days, I've taken over some of the editorial duties for InsideSTL's music section. Since last June, I've written an article once a week. Now, I am updating the CD releases, the concert calendar, and the band profiles, along with editing/posting others' articles. It's not that I have the time; but I know somehow I'll make the time. And hopefully turn this section into something much cooler than it currently is.

I know that the "12 Questions" feature gets the most hits, which is what we need to sell ads. I decide to blanket the Myspace band circuit with an e-mail request, inquiring if particular bands would be interested in participating. In less than 24 hours, with about thirty e-mails sent, I've gotten four responses. Viva Voce (opening for The Shins in the Lou in a week), Cary Brothers, Joshua Radin, and Eagles of Death Metal.

In closing, if you know of anyone in a band or anyone doing anything musical and cool, please send them my way.

5 Comments:

Blogger BD said...

Quank, I sent your link to my very good pal Ryan who handles the drums for his Chicago-based band 'The Townes'. They're growing their grass-roots at this point, have a strong local following and just played their first gig at the famed Double Door in Wicker Park.

Here would be their links:

www.thetownesmusic.com
www.myspace.com/thetownes

12:32 PM  
Blogger creeperjam said...

i could shoot out something to the dude i know in the rosebuds. maybe get oranges band as well.

7:09 PM  
Blogger MJS said...

Alright, fine, I'll talk to Jeff and see if the guys want to do a little interview with the folks from their hometown.

4:16 PM  
Blogger quank said...

hey bd, have ryan e-mail me if he wants...kmcook1315@yahoo.com.

12:59 AM  
Blogger BD said...

I'll send him your info.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home