10.01.2006

Have you no shame?

Today I watched Before Sunrise, a film starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. It's my kind of movie: slow, character-driven, chock full of interesting conversation. (Although some of this conversation seemed a titch bit pretentious). I was thoroughly enjoying myself until the two were seated at an outdoor cafe (like, the first of five outdoor cafes they visit) in Vienna and Ethan Hawke told Julie Delpy he wanted to tell her a secret. He urged her to come closer so he could whisper. He coaxed her with a couple of "c'meres." When she was inches from his scruffy early 90s face, he planted a smooch on her lips.

Does anyone else realize the blatant theft of this smooth move? If you remember, Kevin Bacon does the exact same thing to Ariel in Footloose after she gives him a Bible with all the dancing verses underlined to help him with his speech at the town meeting later that evening.

That is the Kevin Bacon that makes me swoon. Ethan Hawke, with his greasy hair, sunken cheekbones, and leather jacket just irritates me.

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Solomon said...

I can never make up my mind about Ethan Hawke. There are times when I like him (Training Day) and others when I think he's just another bad actor (Hamlet).

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home