9.20.2006

R.I.P.

It was my greatest hope to actually be slightly creative with this posting and write it as an obituary, but I have neither the time nor the ability to keep my eyes open long enough to try.

That being said, I will tell you that the car I have driven for the past 8.5 years is no longer. I am the proud owner of a new charcoal gray Toyota Corolla, and life sure is sweet. I'm a new woman.

If you know me at all, you understand that I had just a few problems with my last car, a Grand Prix.

Try this out for size:

-headlights bashed in by randoms on the U of I campus
-scary car accident in the pouring rain...I lost control and rammed into a guard rail, facing oncoming traffic
-rearended by an Asian woman who didn't speak English
-rearended by a student trying to get to a final exam
-rearended by a student going to the library to study for final exams
-blown fuse near my rearview mirror that shorted on my drive to work, resulting in me thinking my car was going to catch on fire
-rearview mirror fell off
-sunroof that would open but not close
-faulty alternator
-attempted auto theft (caught them in the act), which resulted in quite a few scratches and dents

I will say that my Grand Prix was basically a transformer, from a Pontiac coupe to a stretch limo. Once, I had nine or ten people in it...including two in the trunk. And they were alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home