9.08.2006

Not necessarily a feather in my cap...

I would suck on Jeopardy! It's not that I don't know ANY of the answers (although there are a shit ton I don't know)...it's that I can't think fast enough to pull those random bits of info out of my head. And then to answer in a question form, no less.

It's like the time I was on the JV scholar bowl team in 6th grade. The question was something like "What did Yankee Doodle pull out of his cap?" I buzzed in immediately. And then I went blank. I tried to sing the nursery rhyme in my head, but the words wouldn't come. I had to answer something, so I screamed out "Noodle!" I earned a new nickname that day (see, with nicknames, usually other people give them to you...you don't make them up yourself). Seriously, years later, Roger Flatt who played the trombone in the jazz band next to my trumpet still called me Noodle.

Last weekend, I was in Dallas visiting my cousin Karie, her husband Ward, and their two little girls, Emily and Madeleine. My cousin Kelly also visited from Jacksonville, Florida. All of us girls were playing Catchphrase together. Karie tried to get Kelly to guess the phrase "wedding bells." But, all that could come out of Kelly's mouth was "GLOCKENSPIEL!"

Noodle, Glockenspiel, what do you want from us?

2 Comments:

Blogger creeperjam said...

we can't all speak in a smooth monotone voice when under the catchphrase pressure.....takes talent

6:27 PM  
Blogger quank said...

very true. another great example of my inability to think on my feet.

lol, i hate you for picking "guashnir" as your name!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home