8.16.2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes.

Have I already used that as a title for a post before? I think so. But, the revealing part is that a) changes are inevitable and b) whenever I endure a serious change in my life, I immediately think of David Bowie.

I'll direct your attention to the new blog description at the top of the page. Exhibit A suggests that a major change is taking place in my future.

What is that change, you might wonder? Tomorrow is my last day as a part-time shoe slanger, that's what.

I will be working full-time, but not getting paid, as a student teacher at a local St. Louis high school. My first week of orientations, workshops, and getting-to-know-you activities starts Monday. And then I teach America's youth.

It's simple.

And I used the word "change" a great deal in this post. My apologies. You can tell me to get a thesaurus, if you want.

3 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

Farewell my fellow retail salesperson. You will be missed at the union's national convention each year in Sarasota Springs ... Home of the world's biggest Reebok Pump sneaker.

3:44 PM  
Blogger BD said...

Tomorrow's Title: New Slang (When You Notice The Stripes).

I have a feeling your old slang and new slang (or at least the people skills required) will prove efficiently similar. Won't it still be your job to find the right "shoe" for each student? And then... then to sell them that shoe.

God speed all the bakers at dawn.

11:51 AM  
Blogger quank said...

i'm just gonna tell them this on my first day:

When you got a subject and a predicate

Add it on a dope beat and it'll make you think

Some drop science; while I'm droppin english.

word.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home