8.07.2006

After the life it's the after party...

My parents have some different views on things.

When my mom dies, she would love for her body to be placed under a tree to rot. No burial, nothing. Just rotting. If that can't happen, she wants to donate her body to a forensic science school in Tennessee. She also believes in ghosts and vampires.

Yes, vampires. That's what Salem's Lot will do to you. I just asked her the other day, "So, you believe that there are people out there who drink other people's blood? Well, of course there are freaks out there who drink human blood. But, you really think that there are people out there who don't show up in mirrors, who turn into bats, who sleep all day...and the only way to kill them is with a stake through the heart?" She turned a little red. I told her that was probably blasphemous.

My dad just wants to be cremated. He doesn't believe in ghosts. But, he thinks that maybe our pug is his deceased mother reincarnated. My Grandma Ree was terrified of storms; so is Pugsley. She would crawl under her kitchen table to wait out the thunder and lightning. Pugs gets stuck behind computer desks. My Grandma Ree was overweight. Pugs weighs more than my four year old cousin. She was and he is sweet as can be.

My dad says that if he comes home one day to see the pug smoking a cigarette, then he knows he's right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

I don't think I believe in Vampires.

I think that some places are haunted by ghosts.

I definitely believe in aliens, just not that they have ever come anywhere near Earth.

I believe in dinosaurs.

I believe in evoltion and science.

I don't believe in Beatles,
I just believe in me.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home