7.09.2006

What the hell do they say?

Several years ago, Jables burned me a CD with a random mix, but he didn't give me a list of songs and artists. There was a song I really liked, but I could not figure out what the name of it was or who sang it. I tried to repeat the lyrics to Jables many times, but the only thing I could really make out for sure was something about a "fuzzy wild cat." He told me time and time again that he had no clue. I since figured out that my mistaken lyrics were "surfing on a rocket" and the song was "Surfing on a Rocket" by Air. I just told Jables, and he got a little laugh out of it.

He said not to feel bad, though. When he was six, he thought that "Takin' Care of Business" was really "Mulkeytown Biscuits."

I know you all have done this before. Please share.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

Lisa Loeb's timeless classic "Stay"

Real Lyrics: "some of us hover when we weep for the other who was dyin since the day she was born.."

The part before 'who was dyin...' I always thought said something like "somebody's brother ate the taffy for my mother..."


















mmmmmm...........taffy

8:09 PM  
Blogger quank said...

my brother famously thought the lyrics from "summer lovin'" from grease were:

chubby more, chubby more

instead of:

tell me more, tell me more

9:01 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

That's kinda like Cypress Hill's, when the ship goes down, ya betta be readyyyy, (when the ship goes down!!).

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home