7.06.2006

What did the cabbage roll say to the pierogi?

I'll go ahead and admit it: I have grandmother issues.

But every once in awhile, she says something so ridiculous that I laugh for five minutes straight.

The lady is 100% Polish, and she was very happy to hear that I experienced my first "Polish wedding" a few weekends ago in Chicago. She reiterated her belief that "Polish people are the best people" multiple times after my mom informed her of my trip.

I saw her today when she came over for dinner (DiMaggio's Pizza, what's up now?), and she wanted to hear all the details. Did I eat Polish food? Did I dance the polka?

I told her that they didn't play very much polka music, but they did play a lot of upbeat disco-inspired music that was all in---

"German?" she asked, expectantly.

And there you go.

4 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

Really, German disco is the best.

11:52 AM  
Blogger quank said...

but she's not grandma quank! she's grandma...boston baked bena.

for the record, i will let everyone know that when my parents got married, it was the cook-rice wedding. that's some leno "headlines" stuff.

12:31 PM  
Blogger quank said...

well, i'm jussayin... wouldn't grandma quank be my dad's mom? well, wait. you probably don't know that quank = cook in my friends' (and nickname giver outers) warped world.

either way, BBB is CRAZY. :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger quank said...

no, you are now dumber for having learned that. :)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home