7.11.2006

A new obsession and response to whiners...

It is after midnight. This summer, with my laidback work hours, has been an homage to junior high summers past when I stayed up so late listening to the radio and writing craptastic poetry that I could barely wake up in time for the new Ricki Lake episode the next day. Just ten minutes ago, I found a reason I may not go to sleep anytime soon. I stumbled upon The World Series of Pop Culture on VH1. I'm fairly certain that this is close to being the best version of the World Series there ever was, except for the actual MLB World Series (but maybe not when the Yankees are in it). It definitely beats the World Series of Poker.

So far, I've been watching for 20 minutes, and I've gotten every answer right from categories that include "TV Kids," "Movie Taglines," and "Old School Rap." I'm not sure it's anything to brag about, but it's nice to know I'm perhaps good at something. How do I get on this show? And what can I win?

In response to yesterday's post...

Jables, I have received no compliments. I have only been asked to give personal contact information about myself without so much as a handshake or an introduction, and I've been made to consider a very uncomfortable ass ailment in lieu of appropriate adult conversation. There is no nose in the air toward the guys who try. There is a nose in the air for those who are oblivious to what is undeniably proper discourse between the sexes, particularly those members of the opposite sex who have never met one another. And as Kara, and fellow victim, mentioned in an e-mail to me just today...you weren't doing so bad yourself Saturday night, especially from the 19-year old Dairy Queen who also sported cowboy boots in the summertime and wore a paint-spattered onesie. I won't even mention the other "proposition."

mjs, I am glad that I'm not a former reality star still suffering from very current relevance or the significant other of said star. I feel for you. (Although I think I might be one of the people who have a crush on Sally). Although I did once have a stalker when I was seven years old. But that is another blog posting.

Dinner, you shouldn't hit on any girls who you don't already know. They prefer it that way, too. Even if it's just a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend. That's the way to handle it. Otherwise, if you do go up to a random girl, I would like to believe that you (and every other guy reading this blog) would have the sense about you to make normal conversation and not be blatant in your efforts. Also, guys should be able to read the girl. For example, if her eyes are darting back and forth at an object somewhere over either of your shoulders, she's probably looking to be rescued. If she has a guy near her that she's been kissing all night until you walked up to her, she probably isn't on the market. That's what happened to me the other night. Sorry to direct all this at you; you didn't deserve that. But I had to stick with my format of addressing each of you individually because I am insane.

creeperjam, maybe if you didn't hang out with 36dd1 so much, you'd be more accessible to the females. I love her to death, but I imagine her to be overly critical just like me. I bet her mere presence is enough to inhibit your smooth moves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

Are you saying you know a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who might like two scoops of justice?





All-right.

4:00 PM  
Blogger creeperjam said...

ouch! who says i was joking? :)

also, two scoops of justice..quite humorous!

9:24 PM  
Blogger quank said...

joking about beating the ladies off with a stick. :) creeperjam, i know what you do at the bars...you bluetooth!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home