7.18.2006

Hand me another bloody mary, dahlin'...

Lord have mercy on my soul, could it be any hotter? The heat is absolutely suffocating, and it makes me not want to move an inch. I feel as if I should be a member of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood so I can lounge on a chaise all the livelong day with minimal movement and doctored drink in hand. Ya'll.

In honor of the type of heat that makes me immobile (or should since I decided to run at 2 PM today and almost died), I've created a playlist. From now on, it's wide-brimmed hats, vodka lemonades, hand-held fans, and yelling at my kids. And this music.

Oh Girl - The Chi-Lites
Saturday in the Park - Chicago
A Sunday Kind of Love - Etta James
Garden Party - Ricky Nelson
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
Summer Breeze - Seals and Croft
Could it be I'm Falling in Love - The Spinners
Hot Fun in the Summertime - Sly and the Family Stone
Crystal Blue Persuasion - Tommy James and the Shondells
Groovin' - The Rascals
I Heard it Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
Ice Cream Song - The Dynamics
Up on the Roof - The Drifters

3 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City

9:08 AM  
Blogger B. Solomon said...

Rock n Roll Star, for this lyric:

"Need some time in the sunshine
Gotta slow it right down
The day's moving just too fast for me"

4:21 PM  
Blogger creeperjam said...

you know of nothing hot!! try being at 105!

'100 degrees' - shout out louds

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home