6.05.2006

Style over comfort pays off...

Perhaps the most random moment in my otherwise very normal weekend occured near the end of the Cards game on Saturday.

I was sporting my favorite olive green and gold cork-bottom wedges, which I admit aren't the most practical of shoes for a game. However, my trendy new long shorts (just for you, Dinner) that I was also wearing called for a 3-inch heel to lengthen my legs. The light and airy shorts were practical for the 85-degree weather, so give me that.

A man, a very old and obese man, was sitting three seats to my left. Just to make things clear, I did not talk to this man or even make eye contact with him during the entire game. He decided to leave before the start of the 8th inning because it was then evident that the Cubbies were going to somehow win the game. As I stood up and shrunk myself as much as possible to let this very big man by me, he said, "Great shoes, by the way."

Neither Matt nor his dad was around to hear the comment. I just sat down...perplexed, flattered, and extremely tickled all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home