6.22.2006

The Lou's answer to Ronnie Woo Woo and general douchbaggery...

Tonight, Matt and I went to the Mason Jennings show at Mississippi Nights, down on The Landing.

Beatle Bob was there in all his glory.

I have only recently heard of this local legend, I'm not gonna lie. I was out with Dinner, Jables, Rosey, and Dinner's law school crew at Broadway Oyster Bar about a month ago. Beatle Bob was dancing like a crazy person by the stage while some unknown blues band played. He is a very interesting specimen.

Tonight, I managed to pick the two seats in the house that were closest to the biggest bags of douche in the world. Matt wanted to "stab himself in the face." I laughed out loud at this couple that flat out put the "P" in PDA during each slow song. One guy danced to every tune like he was bumping and grinding at Club Buca.

And if you noticed, if you know me well enough, I let the title of this post extend to two lines today for the first time ever. It hurts, and it's hard, but the d-bags needed to be called out.

Nevertheless, we really enjoyed the show. Mason Jennings is still dreamy.

2 Comments:

Blogger creeperjam said...

i did not realize beatle bob was from st louis, i manage to see him walking around sxsw every year.

at the mj show in chapel hill friday, douchebaggery was in force in by the couple in front of me in the form of the one hand groove wave. not at a rap concert there folks....

2:17 AM  
Blogger Dinner said...

We had a PDA couple at the Decemberists show at Mississippi Nights... I wonder if it was the same people?? Nothing says make out like accordion laced ditties about rapscallions, pirates, and barroboys.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home