6.29.2006

Clarification(s).

E-mail exchange between friend Kara and me:

Kara: Um, I just read your list of people to kill. I noticed that "Cheers Heavy" listed Carrot Top. I just want to set the record straight.

Carrot Top is actually a very nice man. He shops at Jack's store all the time, and although he's unusually large, wears eyeliner, and produces unremarkable stand-up, Jack says he's one of the nicest people in the world. He doesn't deserve to die.

This is what I do at work.


Me: I will definitely have to set the record straight with your response for the world to know the truth about Carrot Top.

Kara: It's just my duty. I didn't ask for this celebrity knowledge, but with great power comes great responsibility.

On another note, I want to stress the fact that my blogger nickname rhymes with Mel Blanc, not crank. It sounds easier on the tongue and not as vicious. I want to be known as a nice little blogger.

3 Comments:

Blogger B. Solomon said...

If you are allowing corrections - I have to tell you that Jared Fogle is extremely nice, and gracious. He is a family friend, and he and his family they are all really good people.

His ad campaign is annoying, yes - but he just happened to do something that worked - and gets paid a ton of money because of his story.

Not that this will change the list, but I would be remiss if I did not write anything since he's only been a friend to my family and I.

4:58 PM  
Blogger quank said...

the commercials drive me crazy. plus friend melissa met him for work in CA and said he wasn't very nice to her.

but i will no longer judge this man based on the content of his ad campaign but on his true colors.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

I heard Pol Pot was exceptionally nice to people from whom he could buy stuff and also quite congenial to people who would give him delicious low-fat submarine sandwiches.

That doesn't mean he's not worthy of a little hate directed at him every now and then.

Drink some haterade haters.









HATE.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home