5.11.2006

We did not expect a spectre...

Last night, Cheers Heavy and I were sitting on his couch, eating dinner, waiting for Top Chef to start, and totally minding our own business. (We swear!) Behind us flashed a weird blue light near the wall. We both saw it and instinctively turned to take a look, but it was gone. We looked at each other with raised eyebrows, and I immediately got goosebumps. Matt got up to check out the rooms behind the living room, but nothing was out of order. We could not come up with an explanation for the blue light. We still don't really know exactly what happened, but the thought of a potential ghost did cross our minds.

I've only had one other experience like that in my life, and it doesn't really count...

My mom told me only a couple of years ago that on the day of her father's funeral, they put my little two-year-old self to bed around 8 PM. An hour later, I came out to the living room where they were watching television, and I told my mom that Grandpa John was in my bedroom, talking to me. She instantly started crying. Since I was two, I don't remember this at all. But also since I was two, how could I make something like that up or even be able to rationalize what was going on? It was definitely a strange experience to hear the story for the first time.

My friend Britt has a million ghost stories, and most of them include her as the central character. They say ghosts do materialize more around certain people.

Do any of you have a story to tell?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

I was in English countryside. At Phil AKA Shrek's home. The home he grew up in. His youger sister was gone, so I spent the night in her room. I prepped for bed and shut the door behind me, and hopped in. I had one of those dreams that night, you know, the ones where you are so terrified in the dream you can't even get your dream self to move or scream.

I dreamt that someone, a young girl, slowly opened the door to the room, came in, closed the door and just stood in the corner next to the door, watching me. I was freaked in the dream, but paralyzed and mute.

The next thing I knew I was awake, upright in the corner where the girl was, with my hand onthe light switch, and the lights were on.

That was a pretty freaky night. I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but that was one freaky night.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

How was Top Chef, I missed it...

5:04 PM  
Blogger BD said...

Do you know that Bloc Party song, Blue Light? I never got it until now.

4:17 PM  
Blogger quank said...

i'm proud of you all. you turned a blog post about ghosts to top chef on bravo! you all officially have adhd.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home