5.05.2006

Possible Side Effects

My favorite contemporary author, Augusten Burroughs, has a new book out entitled Possible Side Effects.

His first memoir, Running with Scissors, is currently being adapted for the big screen, and it will feature an incredible cast including Gwyneth Paltrow, Alec Baldwin, Joseph Fiennes, Rachel Evan Wood, and Annette Bening.

My absolute favorite Burroughs' book is Dry. It is both hilarious and heart-wrenching. I found myself crying so hard at one point that I couldn't see straight.

Check out Burroughs' website. I prefer him to David Sedaris. And if you haven't read Dry, then hop to it.

With that said, I leave you for Little Rock, Ar-kansas. Another college pal tying the knot. Have yourself a merry little weekend. Let your heart be light.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

I know I'm behind, but I just started reading "Running With Scissors" and I like what I'm smelling.

So far, I reminds me of Sedaris, but a touch more serious and more chronological.

I like it (30 pages in) so far.

It's going to take a hell of a read to unseat Sedaris or Sarah Vowell. I'm looking forward to the duel however...

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home