5.29.2006

Orange-level pug alert...

My parents came to visit with the pug for a Memorial Day BBQ. Right before we sat down to dinner, my mom realized that Pugsley was missing. She knew that he'd be whining under the table for bits of food if he was anywhere in the near vicinity. But, he was nowhere to be found.

I was immediately sick to my stomach. I was the one who begged my parents to bring the dog, and I was the one who assured my mom that the backyard was safely fenced in. I thought that there was no way for the pug to escape.

We all went into orange-level pug alert and formed a search party. Rodney, Britt, my brother John, my parents, and I spread out around the house and the neighborhood to locate the missing animal.

About 15 minutes later, my mom and dad could be seen walking back toward the house with the 35 lb. pug in their arms.

How did they find him? Well, he waddled up to a lady's home, and literally within 5 minutes, she had created a poster on hot pink paper that read "LOST: ONE FAT PUG." That made it pretty easy to find him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

HIlarious! If anything would ever happen to Keith I'd be crushed...

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home