5.09.2006

Oh, delicious contradiction...

I stayed up late last night working on the most ridiculous grad school project I've ever been assigned. I got up early this morning to attend my last mentor session with little Bryant, my fifth grader at Clark Elementary in da hood. Because I was running on empty, I purposefully steered my car off Highway 40 to enjoy the goodness of a grande cafe mocha. Ain't no shame in my game.

When I ordered, I asked for skim milk in my coffee. When the Starbucks front counter worker man asked me if I wanted whipped cream, I vigorously nodded my head in the affirmative. Then, I started laughing at myself. I'm health-conscious enough to order low fat cow juice, but I immediately counteract that benefit with the inclusion of sweet lilypads of whipped cream that float on the surface of my caffeinated pond.

The front counter worker man said he calls that combination "the delicious contradiction." And, no, I'm not crazy for ordering it. Right when my coffee was ready, a lady in a business suit sauntered up to the counter and asked for her coffee with skim milk and whipped cream.

I exchanged a knowing look with the front counter worker man.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

And a drinking contradiction.

Why don't you get rid of this Word Verification thinghy. I just had to untangle a 13 letter word. No joke.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

Chocolatey nuggets of gold in the mine of swwet sugary batter?

4:26 PM  
Blogger quank said...

hidden chocolate treasure deep beneath a beach of bronzed dough?

5:35 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

Chocolate treasure..... mmmmm....

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home