5.26.2006

I need retail-job therapy...

The benefits received from my trip to Jimmy John's on my lunch break today were twofold: first, it's located right next to the Bank of America I needed to visit, and secondly, I was able to experience one of my favorite college meals (until I got "burnt out on the Jimmy," or Jota Jota, if you will, by senior year).

Sidenote: My favorite Jimmy John's memory is the day that I, still wasted from the night before, had a veggie (#6) delivered to my apartment. The chain's slogan is "subs so fast you'll freak." When they got to my door in what seemed like 2.5 seconds, I literally freaked. The delivery guy didn't know what to do with the sandwich recipient jumping up and down before his eyes.


I, of course, was sporting my fitted Shoe Slangin' Store polo tee. Just when you feel like you can't escape your job, they put you in a uniform that screams "Hi, I'm Quank. What kind of shoes are you looking for today?" to the general public, everywhere you go while in said uniform. So, even when I'm on my lunch break, I get lots of questions from random passersby about the product we slang. I can't stop talking about the store, even when I'm on my break from said store.

The guy in Jota Jota whipped up my #6 like nobody's bizness. When he handed me my bag, his friend popped out of the back and asked, "What's the difference between the 991s and 992s?" I gave him a look that said, "Really? You want me to get into this?" He still looked at me quizzingly.

So, I said, "The 992s have a wider forefoot, which gives you a more stable base. Also, they feature extra forefoot cushioning, which explains the $5 price increase from the 991s."

They laughed at me because I knew what I was talking about.

As I left, I heard the same guy mutter, "I like the 991s better."

So do I, buddy, so do I. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow...and Sunday...

2 Comments:

Blogger BD said...

Have you ever had the Wreck from Potbelly's?

12:38 PM  
Blogger B. Solomon said...

#9 Italian Night Club with BBQ chips stuffed inside.

Just sold my 990s and 991s on eBay for $35 total. Was very sad to let them go, but all good things...

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home