4.09.2006

We did some tunes. We got weird.

Remember when I had the funnest weekend ever? I do. Cause it was this weekend. Minus the 16 hours of work between Saturday and Sunday, April 7-8, 2006, goes down as the best weekend in history.

What I thought was going to be a quiet little Friday evening turned into a singalong party when I took my parents to Van Gogh's to meet up with "the gang" and listen to Pierce Crask do what he does best. One drink turned into many, and we ended up getting home around 1:30 AM. That's late for my parents. Jables danced with Jude to a Johnny Cash ditty, Rick made friends with Pierce's 2nd guitarist, Darren amazed everyone with his moustache (aka the Dirty Morrison), and I quickly forgot about my desire to have a easygoing night at mi casa. Good times.

On Saturday evening, friends from the Lou and C-town gathered at Blueberry Hill before heading to The Eagles of Death Metal/The Strokes concert at The Pageant. I think we may or may not have made it our mission to drink the state of Missouri dry. I had to switch to Caucasians mid-concert.

After the concert, we walked our happy asses down to Pin Up Bowl where we met up with friends who did not attend the concert. We're talking, we're hanging out, when all of a sudden we hear a rumor that the guys from both bands were bowling on the first two lanes, about fifteen feet away. That's when the casual intermixing began. We tried to play it semi-cool, so no pictures of The Strokes, but I know some of the guys (Matt, Darren, who else?) did a shot with Albert Hammond since it was his birthday. Britt said that Rodney tried really hard to ask Fab Moretti about his girlfriend, Drew Barrymore, but was so drunk that he couldn't put together sentences. I chatted with The Eagles' guitarist, Dave Catching, who mesmerized me the entire show because he is, simply stated, an amazing human specimen. In addition to rocking a thinning mini-mohawk and Buddy Holly glasses, he wore a jean jacket bedazzled with "Diamond Dave" across the back, but alas, no pictures of that denim miracle.

At left, you have the wonder that is Ricky, Benji, J. Devil Huge (the lead singer of The Eagles of Death Metal), and Jables. Darren's moustache has officially been rivaled. To quote The Devil, pertaining to a prior show (unfortunately not the one we saw last night): "The crowd got a little wild at the last show, but that happens when they see this moustache." Indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Solomon said...

Nice post Quank.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home