4.26.2006

Watch out, Blue Oyster Cult...I'm coming...

Tonight in my Classroom Teaching and Management class, five people presented actual lessons. They were the teachers, and we were the students. After finding absolute values, adding and subtracting integers, and balancing chemical equations, I was left wondering where all my right-brained peeps were. But then, Miss Albrecht stood in front of the class and took out a box of percussion instruments. A former band geek myself, I was happy to clap my hands to the quarter notes and pause on the half rests. When she started handing out triangles, tambourines, finger cymbals, and shakers, my eyes immediately landed on...you guessed it...the cowbell. I had my fingers crossed under my desk in hopes that I'd have a chance to make glorious music with that mythic instrument. Miss Albrecht saw my enthusiasm from her perch at the podium, and that sweet gal came straight to me when it was time to assign the cowbell. "Yessss!" My friend Amber, who sat next to me, played the wood block. We started a funky groove. Then we did some ensemble work with the rest of the class.

After attempting the opening of "Honky Tonk Women" a few times, I had to part with my cowbell. But, it was fun while it lasted.

Incase you missed it, here's Will Ferrell giving Queens of the Stone Age more cowbell. Rock on.

1 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

I put my pants on one leg at a time ... and then I make Gold records.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home