4.28.2006

The occupancy is three!

Last night, I went over to the new house to help Jables get some things in order. While we were setting up the new shelves I recently purchased, something strange hit the front window. What was it? I'll give you three guesses. No, it wasn't the newspaper boy running a little late on his route. Nope, it wasn't area teenagers egging the new neighbor's house. Yes, it was that robin red-breast, seeking revenge for the murder of her three baby birds exactly one week ago.

You wanna know the saddest part? Jables led me out to the front porch to show me the new pile of sticks she's been collecting in an attempt to recreate the nest that Jables destroyed. My heart pretty much broke. She's been working so hard.

My idea was to put a rubber snake on the porch to scare her away. My Grandma Ree used to buy rubber snakes by the truckload and pay my little brother a quarter to throw them in her trees, so birds wouldn't shit on her sidewalk. She was convinced that this was a successful method. But, I digress...

Josh wasn't sold on the rubber snake idea. He mentioned a BB gun, and I immediately told him I'd back out of the living situation altogether if he tried that solution. I suggested he just let the robin red-breast build her nest, and we'd all live together in harmony...Jables, Quank, Rosey, robin red-breast, and the babies.

To which he replied, "The occupancy is three!" Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

You don't know much about birds, mista!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home