4.30.2006

A new twist on an old game...

Let's play "The Name Game." You must pick which lovely gal of the same name you'd rather "get with" by song lyrics alone.

Fine female #1: Gloria

Do you take Van Morrisson's Gloria?

Did I tell you about my baby?
Well, she comes around
Five feet four
From her head to the ground
Comes around here
Just about midnight
Makes me feel so good
Makes me feel alright

Or do you take Laura Branigan's Gloria?


Gloria, how's it gonna go down?
Will you meet him on the main line, or will you catch him on the rebound?
Will you marry for the money, take a lover in the afternoon?
Feel your innocence slipping away, don't believe it's comin' back soon...

Thoughts to guide your way: Morrison's Gloria will be shorter than most guys, so she definitely won't detract from your manhood by towering over you like an Amazon. But, she sounds like a total booty call. For you sensitive boys out there, a piece of advice: don't get attached. Branigan's Gloria sounds like she just needs a good man. Are you going to be the one to save her?

Fine female #2: Jolene

Do you take Dolly Parton's Jolene?

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please don't take him just because you can
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, Jolene

Or, do you take Ray LaMontagne's Jolene?

Jolene,
Been so long since I seen your face
or felt a part of this human race
I've been living out of this here suitcase for way too long
A man needs something he can hold onto
A nine pound hammer or a woman like you
Either one of them things will do

Thoughts to guide your way: Well, Parton's Jolene just sounds like a bitch. A beautiful bitch, but a bitch all the same. She's one of those pretty redheads...but I bet she doesn't carry around the DDs like Ms. Parton does. Mr. Montagne's Jolene sounds like she'd be handy around the house.

4 Comments:

Blogger creeperjam said...

now.....why are YOU trying to figure out which girl???

hmm, second gloria sounds like she would screw you over too..so i am sticking with the first. go with what you know. jolene totally with you.

10:11 PM  
Blogger quank said...

if you can come up with two songs about a guy with the same name, i'll kiss your ass. and good work breaking your "i'm a walking contradiction" comment posting hymen. it took you long enough!

10:23 PM  
Blogger creeperjam said...

i am lazy and did not feel like creating an account before :)

parameters? song title has to be same like 'Bill'? Or about a person named 'Bill' with a different song title?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

I chose:

Iesha, Iesha so glad to meetcha
See you in the schoolyard strollin' wit your techa
The lil skirt you played was realy fly
She turned around and she winked her eye so I
Stepped to her like I knew her the Biv is cool but Romell is cooler
The bell rang cuz I started to talk yet the class is not there no more

(Yo Red, where'd you meet her?)

At the playground, ya know
That's where I saw this cutie
This girl was swingin' and she looked so fly
On the monkey bars, we climbed up to the top and
She touched my hand that's when I fell in love

Iesha..
You are the girl that I neva had
And I want to get to know you bettah
Iesha..
You know I want you so bad
And there's nothing anyone can do
To keep me away from you

We played Nintendo

This was her very first date
I didn't wanna make it seem to fly
We ate cereal
She couldn't stay out at late
Her mother told her to be home at nine

Iesha..
You are the girl that I neva had
And I want to get to know you bettah
Iesha..
You know I want you so bad
And there's nothing anyone can do
To keep me away from you


Yo Ro u might sound to sure so wutcha gonna do?
I dunno Da, I only got one more rap and I'm gonna see what happens

Threw down my books went up to the door
Pressed the bell what was in store?
Iesha came out with a smile (oh no)
She aint worth the while
So I passed her a lolli pop and a letter
Told her so let's keep this a secret
No remember Iesha, only u can keep this, peace

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home