4.23.2006

A drinking town with a baseball problem...

Ugh. This weekend absolutely flew by. It could be because I had so much fun. It could be because I haven't been home for more than a few hours since Friday morning. It could be because I was drunk the majority of the time. The St. Louis Cardinals hosted the Chicago Scrubs this weekend for a much anticipated rematch following the Redbirds' sorry outing in the City of Wind a mere few weeks ago. Loads of daytime drinking, friendly rivalry, and yes, hilarity, ensued.

Jables, Dinner, Matt, and I went to the game on Friday night, but the real fun began with a photo shoot conducted on the cab ride back to Matt's home. Upon arrival at the condo, Darren got his hands on my best Goodwill purchase ever: an 80s-looking, stonewashed jean jacket that reads "Dances with Wolves" on the back. He gave us his best Liam Gallagher impersonation. We blessed the rains down in Africa thanks to Toto on the iPod. Dinner and Matt also established a gang sign for "the future of American law." Js for Justice. Throw 'em up.

On Saturday, Matt and I went to the game with good friend Corey and his girlfriend, Caitlin. Jables and Dinner also had tickets. After the game, we all went to Hrabosky's near the stadium. Luckily for us, Matt's roomie Patrick drove down to hang out for a bit and drive our drunk asses home. I passed out the moment I got into the backseat. I didn't wake up until Pat pulled into the Schnucks parking lot across the street from the condo. Once everyone got out, I immediately fell asleep again. The next thing I knew, there was a policeman tapping on the window of the car. I wasn't sure how to fix whatever the problem was. I'm not sure I knew my name at that point. Luckily, Pat then arrived and told the cop that he was going to move his car. It took a lot of concentration for me to ask what the issue was. Turns out, Pat parked not in a parking space but in a space reserved for returned grocery carts. I'm still not sure how his car fit, but I think it was a pretty classic move.

PS - Here is the link to the new Cardinal t-shirt styles you may or may not have been seeing all over town. I bought a "Kiss my Taguchi" shirt for my friend Andy this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

How about "kiss my Greg Maddux"

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home