4.27.2006

Base brings da Benjamins, baby...

In honor of Throwback Thursday, I want to pontificate a titch bit on my homey Nate Dogg. Eminem tapped Nate's pool of talent (not his bitch's ass, like you might think) on the most recent Slim Shady radio offering, or humongous piece of horseshit song. However you prefer to categorize his music. Now, I realize that "Shake That" is not that new, but please understand that I rarely listen to the radio. I actually stopped and listened to the lyrics for the first time this week.

After getting over the fact that my homey Nate sounds incredibly Satan-like on this pussy attempt at a hip jop jam, I started thinking about his career. I bet he's living the good life. I mean, has anyone seen him on Cribs? He hangs out with his cousin Snoop Dogg and Ludacris. And he hasn't even had a hit solo single. He's just the go-to guy if you wanna win the Grammy for best hip hop collabo. In fact, Wikipedia claims he's been featured in over 60 chart singles.

It's a wonder how much success one can experience simply by having a highly distinctive and recognizable voice. It happened for Peter Cetera. It happened for Nate Dogg. Why can't it happen for me or my future husband?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

Hold Up.... Hayyy....

9:16 AM  
Blogger BD said...

Remember when Nate Dogg and the G-child were in need of some desperate help?

Regulators! ...Mount up.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home