3.07.2006

The waiting is the hardest part...

It's a girl! Rodney and Britt welcomed Norah Bridget Holzmacher earlier this evening. She weighs 7 pounds and 4 ounces, and she is 20 inches long. I wish I could get a good look at the babe, or at least see a picture. I'm anxious!

I was surprised by the choice of name because I thought it was between two other main contenders. Damn those Holzmachers...they are sneaky. But, I fully support the decision. It is precious.

And Nora (without the "h") is a great character from Henrik Ibsen's play A Doll's House. I'm sure it's Rod's favorite.

Kidding aside, Nora begins the play as a "doll," living inside a "doll's house" with her husband, children, and their nanny. Her responsibility is to play the perfect, ever-doting wife and mother. Her life is empty, and she ultimately wonders what she has to authentically offer anyone. By the end of the play, she decides to leave her husband to venture into the wider world. She then, in my opinion, becomes a contemporary fictional female role model. (Man, I sound like a feminist).

So, here's to baby Norah. I hope that she is strong, proud, and determined...just like Nora in A Doll's House and especially just like her mama.

1 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

A girl ... let Rodder's worries begin.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home