2.23.2006

Purified water and so much more...

As some of you may know, Jables and I are going to fulfill our fantasy as the real-life Will and Grace when we become roomies this May.

I feel as if I must make clear right now that it's not really a fantasy...that was pure sarcasm...but I know Jables will want that stated here and now. Also, Jables is not gay. We sometimes consider ourselves Jerry and Elaine, especially because Jables has very Seinfeld-like tendencies when it comes to dating and breaking up with girls. (He once broke up with a girl because she went to the Mac store at the mall and had her makeup professionally done for a barbeque. When he arrived at the party, she was also wearing a cowboy hat. Since then, we speak of her as the "Rodeo Clown.") When we bicker, Matt likes to call us Dawson and Joey. Thankfully now, since a certain plot twist on Scrubs has JD and Elliott living together, I think we've finally found a happy medium.

Anyhoo, we're becoming roomies in a few months. Shortly after, Rosey is making a permanent move to the Lou to become the third roomie (knock wood). Jables will be Janet, Rosey will be Chrissy, and I'll be Jack. See you at the Regal Beagle (aka Foley's).

Jables is, very understandably, excited about becoming a homeowner. He has a running list of home improvements he wants to make, along with future purchases that will make our little house a home. Last week, during some e-mail correspondence, he asked me multiple times of my opinion on a watercooler for the kitchen. Since I didn't really have a strong opinion on the potential tackiness level of a watercooler in the kitchen (hey, I'm just happy to have a kitchen large enough to contain a watercooler), I didn't answer. My assumed opposition led Jables to again ask about the watercooler while chatting with me on the phone a few days ago. I told him that I thought it was a great idea, and by God, I am going to cut fresh lemon wedges for our water all summer long.

Then, during the same phone conversation, the real benefits of the future watercooler were realized. All television show cliffhangers, crazy celebrity antics, gossip about our neighbors, and secret-sharing MUST take place by the watercooler. If someone is killed off Project Runway, I have to drag Rosey into the kitchen just to share the news. If Jables sleeps with a girl for the first time, he must call us into the kitchen so we can slap high fives.

We are going to start the 2006 Watercooler Craze. Hop on the train.

3 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

Brilliant.

Question ... Will Jables bring his colorful and likely valuable collection of coozies?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

I'm crying inside.

9:42 PM  
Blogger BD said...

The water cooler makes water so much cooler.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home