2.08.2006

No one's leaving until they sing the blues...

It's official. I have the winter blues.

It snowed in the Lou last night for only the second or third time this season. Can we discuss how much I hate the snow? Granted, it's lovely when it's falling from the sky. But, it's not so beautiful when it turns black or brown or yellow on the ground. It's not so lovely when it's caked to the windows of my car. It's not so lovely when it causes people to drive slower than fricking molasses on the interstates. And it's not so lovely when it forces me to walk like the Hunchback of Notre Dame so I don't accidentally slip and rebreak my already infamous tailbone.

Everyday that I head to school for my long day of classes, I do something spazzy and retarded. This is every Tuesday and Thursday. On the first day, I decided to pick up the barrel of a curling iron with my entire hand. The curling iron was on. It didn't feel good. The second day was the morning after I locked my keys in the shoe slangin' store, and I had to run around like a lunatic to get to class on time. The third day, I forgot my purse. I didn't eat until 9 PM for the first time that day. And I know that might not sound like a huge deal, but a) I can do some eating and b) there were fellow students all over this campus eating dreamy things and washing the food down with glorious water or diet soda. It hurt. And then on the fourth day, I got a speeding ticket on the way to class. That was yesterday.

Did that grubby little groundhog see his shadow again this year? I am in the mood for spring. I take my teacher certification test on March 4th (currently in the midst of studying hardcore for that). After that, Mother Nature has my permission to bring a heat wave through the Midwest. Anyone who wants to plant daffodils and tulips near my apartment is welcome. And if someone could shovel all the snow in St. Louis in one big pile (away from anywhere I might go), I would appreciate that, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger quank said...

i say you just got a ticket two weeks ago. in your face.

4:52 PM  
Blogger B. Solomon said...

I feel that Mother Nature had an opportunity to dump snow on us in the past couple months, and decided against it...and now she wants to add some fluff to our streets? Come on MN!!! Come on!!

5:28 PM  
Blogger quank said...

inappropriate! :)

1:14 AM  
Blogger Dinner said...

He said dick.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home