2.27.2006

Mardi Gras 2006: Mammaries galore

This weekend was the annual Mardi Gras celebration in the Lou (and everywhere else in the nation). As always, it was a test of our daytime drinking stamina and cold weather endurance. Every year, after I return home to thaw, I ask myself if the outing was worth it. I actually talk myself into thinking I'll pass when it comes around next year. But I always end up going, becoming an extremely wealthy drunk, and turning into a human popsicle all over again.

This year, my friend Suzanne (above, right) flew down from Michigan for the festivities. We stuck with Toral (above, center) for the entirety of the day. Alas, we didn't see any boobies. We did hear a guy sing a song about crystal meth, watch a girl dressed like a genie turf it on her parade float, fight with two male drunkards in a cab, eat the world's largest pizza ever made, and wrap up like burritos on the couch at the end of the day to wait for our drunk friends to trickle home.

Because New Orleans is, how shall I say, a bit out of order, St. Louis was expecting 600,000 people at this year's festivities. I just heard on the news that there were 34 arrests and 218 court summons. Good work, people.


I'm not sure if any of the boys ended up seeing some boobies, but Josh was hoping that a lot of "mammaries" would be made. So, thank you Suzanne, Toral, Josh, Matt, Corey, Caitlin, Darren, Tommy, Snacks, Whitney, Youngblood, Laura, McGinley, Cutler, Amber, The Todd, people named Dan, Barry, Boner, Kara, the city of St. Louis, Papa John's, and Project Runway for making this Mardi Gras event the best yet. Mark your calendars for next year.

Sidenote: I was able to eliminate the satanic red eye from Dinner's eyes (see the picture above), but I was not able to remove the twisted look on his face. He insisted on trying out new facial expressions in every picture he took all day. This was the best of the bunch.

2 Comments:

Blogger B. Solomon said...

http://fridaynightrez.blogspot.com

One of my favorite things from Saturday: the party we went to in the middle of the day had the word "Titties" on the awning - AND - that same party drew a picture of titties on our hands to show who had paid.

http://fridaynightrez.blogspot.com

5:12 PM  
Blogger Dinner said...

Ham wallets. Ha ha ha ha ha.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home