1.28.2006

Nothing lasts forever...

Last night at 3 AM, I was in an all-night diner, watching my three drunk friends (Matt, Josh, and Pat) chow on some ungodly diner fare. They dug into a various assortment of food objects, heaped with vats of chili, as if they hadn't eaten in days. All the while, Guns 'N Roses' "November Rain" boomed on the jukebox one foot behind the counter where we perched on stools. We did our best Axl impersonations, intoxicated to the degree where the world became our stage and nobody's judgments hindered our attempt to become the next American Idol(s). Slippery Matt snuck out the front door. When I went to fetch him, he insisted we slowdance on the sidewalks of Manchester Road to "Patience," blasting out of the diner's jukebox. Pat laughed a lot, and Josh flirted with some late-night diner hotties. All in all, it was perfect in every way.

Sidenote: "November Rain" reminds me of my 6th grade boyfriend, Jeffie. We never really acknowledged the existence of our relationship unless "November Rain" was on at a school dance. Otherwise, we didn't talk at school, and our phone conversations consisted of listening to each other breathe or casually giggle at The Wonder Years blaring on TV in the background. I was also literally a foot taller than him. I've provided a picture as proof. Especially for those who know him, you can thank me later.

And PS - Did we ever figure out how Axl's bride died in the video?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home